At HEC Paris, mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Financial Markets Over!!!

NPV = No Potential Value!
CAPM = Calm Against Persistent Madness
IRR = Its Really Regurgitation?!
WACC = We Are Cracking Cases
YTM = Yours To Manage

Yippie! Financial Markets is all over! We had our final exam this morning - it was supposedly three hours long but I finished in less than an hour and that made me worried! Either I am very smart or I am so dumb that I did not understand the questions at all and answered just what I thought I knew! I don't think I am either so we will find out what exactly I am when we get the result. And, someone sent around last year's exam paper yesterday...let me tell you it was as useful as giving a computer to a monkey! The professor was smart enough to know that we will read last year's exam paper and so changed everything. But, he was fair. Everything he asked, from forward rates to bonds, from market return to WACC, from covariance to beta values, had been discussed in class - we just didn't remember to pay attention, I think! Thinking about it, I think I will be fine. See how much one needs to think!

Now, if you are wondering what I was trying to do with the abbreviations at the start, I was trying to make Financial Markets fun but it just does not work. Perhaps it is me, perhaps it is the subject, perhaps I am just tired! And, today is Wednesday so I am on childcare duty. After my French lecture this afternoon, I went to pick my son up from the nursery, and then to ATAC for some grocery shopping, and then to the playground for the boy to get some fresh air. It was good in a way to relax after FM. And, I acted as a guide today for someone who is interested in joining HEC in September this year. The reward for being a guide was a free lunch at the staff canteen where the food is better - yupe, you mention free food and I'm all for it! And, during discussions over lunch, I found out that the girl has a sister rather high up in Nicolas Sarkozy's camp! Isn't that funny? I hope she gets in (she seems rather smart) as it might do well for HEC's overall growth! :-)

Some of you also left comments so thank you. If you have specific questions about HEC, the exchange programme, admissions process, etc., please write here and I will put them together and answer in my next post.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Hi Vagabond!
    I just wanted to stop by and say that you are doing an excellent job on your blog. You give such a real feel of what it is like to be an MBA student at HEC. I will be joining the program this September, and thanks to your blog I know better what to expect.

    best,
    Tatiana

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:18 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Vagabond, at 1:16 pm  

  • Thank you, Tatiana! You will have a great time at HEC. :-)

    By Blogger Vagabond, at 1:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



free tracking