At HEC Paris, mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Whirlwind Trips Continue...

It has been a while but I have been extremely busy trying to finish my project, be home in Paris every weekend to be with my wife who's now heavily pregnant, and spend some quality time with my son. In the midst of all these, I have also started exploring for opportunities externally after my sponsoring company 'declared' that they are not going to be able to place me in a suitable role; the company is undergoing major restructuring and laying off a lot of staff so I guess I am a small, inexpensive, fish right now. Sad that it started so well and I had plans for a long-term career in the company and it is going down like this. Nonetheless, there is one last opportunity. After many rounds of informal and formal discussions for a job I am really interested in, I am being flown out tomorrow for a face-to-face interview. Only one challenge; the job is in the San Francisco office and I have to compete with local candidates and prove that I am super duper good to be accepted for a job and green card sponsorship! Well, let's wait and see but I am also getting to a stage where I am happy to take my free MBA, stay at home for a few months with my family and hit the job market at my own pace during the summer. I have balanced family, MBA, internships, apartment renovation, and all the travels - Eurostar has even given me a Carte Blanche because of all my trips even if the tickets are the really cheap ones and I have accummulated tens of thousands of air miles - for the last 16 months that I just want to stay at home and have a nice break! Seriously! For now, I better go pack...

I was looking for pictures of the Golden Gate bridge and the one below caught my sight...perhaps the sunset has connotations with my own time in the company that I am leaving soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



free tracking