At HEC Paris, mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

“Hope is not a dream but a way of making dreams become reality.”

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future...The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were.

- John F. Kennedy


Soon after clearing immigration at Chicago O'Hare International Airport, I got out into the cold, snowy, Chicago air, heading straight for the waiting Lincoln and onward to my hotel. And, unavoidable as it seems today in this country, my conversation with the chauffeur turned to politics and one man in particular, a man spearheading change with the message of hope. I won't say I have been totally ignorant of what has been happening on this side of the pond; in fact, I have been quite impressed by this man's speeches. Yes, I like Barack Obama's style. He is inspirational and surely has developed a strong image. Whether or not his speeches have matters of significant substance, and whether he will win the presidential race, I don't know and I guess time will tell, but I certainly would like my leader to be inspirational like him! And, I hope that he will deliver on his promises of change if he wins.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



free tracking