At HEC Paris, mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi!

Monday, November 05, 2007

As the world spins, we tread along...

Bonjour world! We are back from our short break...and, as always, we drove for miles and miles. Excuser moi, we are in France, kilometers and kilometers. We saw the bridge and what a magnificient sight it was to be standing underneath one of its gigantic pillars and looking up. There is such a photo in the album from the trip and you will know what I mean when you have seen it. We crossed the bridge too but it was so cloudy we saw nothing except for the fog lights at the rear end of the car in the front! I guess we just have to plan a holiday in the Med to cross the bridge again! :-)

From the bridge, we headed to Micropolis, world of insects (i.e. they have a head, a thorax and an abdomen), built in homage to Jean-Henri Fabre, founder of modern entomology. It was a great experience for our son who enjoyed the animated metal creatures preparing and dancing during the insect carnival! As for us, hmm...it was worth a visit! I did really like the tropical butterflies chambre though and am thinking of setting up an educational praying-mantis or stick insect farm, in a large glass box, for my son. Maybe, the glass box will be too restrictive for the prayer. Ah well, we shall see...

We also drove around viewing the gorges, the mountains and the valleys, all covered in a cornucopia of beautiful autumn colours...my basic writing skills won't do justice trying to describe the view so all I can say is go there and see it for yourself. You won't regret it! :-) From the heights of the world's tallest bridge, we went down to the caves of Dargilan, aslo called the Pink Caves, observing mother nature's artwork in the form of gigantic Stalactite and Stalagmite formations, some as old as 500,000 years. And, as like I did when climbing the 320 steps to the dome of the Sistine Chapel, I had to carry the boy, a lot heavier today, around the cave. My back is still recovering! :-)

One of the things I liked was that all the hotels had Wifi which means I could keep in touch with the world searching for an internship! Yes, I know, I was supposed to be on a break with my family...actually, internet in the room was great as we could explore the area virtually and plan our days before getting in the car. Nonetheless, I did have a sneak preview of my emails and, the good news is, I think I have found an internship. It will mean returning back to England but the opportunity is to work directly for a VP of a 250 billion dollar company! Can't tell you more about the project but it sounds like a great opportunity and I am hoping it will be a wonderful experience and a sharp learning curve. Now, where's that IPP form to sign and submit before the company changes its mind? :-) So long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



free tracking