At HEC Paris, mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi!

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Back to School!

What a pleasure to be finally back and have a gras matin after literally having danced the night away at my wife's friend's wedding party! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am back in France...

The last few weeks at work were extremely hectic as I not only had to prepare a presentation on my work to be presented to some very senior people, the kind with 'Chief' and 'Senior' attached to the front of their titles, and also write a report summarising my work. Before I knew it, the report ended up being 50 pages long, and the presentation easily took 90 min! I was asked to take the time to explain the issues and findings in detail as on it lay the decisions to be made for some immediate actions on the best way forward.

Nonetheless, I was able to return to Paris for a long weekend and carry on with the property renovation. Now, I know all about the art of machine sanding a wooden floor to kingdom come! Just kidding, I did a fine job and made it all nice and clean for our son to finally come and live with us again. We just have to slowly work on the wallpapering, painting, and general decoration. I also had a chance to catch up with a friend, a classmate who had been interning in an investment bank over the summer, who, on the day we met, had just walked out of the bank with a full-time job offer in hand! So, before he headed back to Paris, we caught up to chat, share a drink or two and a meal in China Town before hitting the Odeon at Leicester Square for a high adrenaline dose of 'The Bourne Ultimatum'. And, for those wanting to attend HEC Paris, he wasn't the only one from HEC with an offer...

So, having traveled ~13000 miles across the globe, and having successfully presented/reported on my summer internship, I am back in France to start school again. This week, we have a live case session with Thomson, and HEC Paris's famous Sustainable Development Conference...I am looking forward to seeing friends, old and new...and getting my well-earned credits from the summer internship! :-) I have had a great summer and, thanks to a lot of people, have had some fantastic access to senior management in a wonderful global company. Hopefully, I have got the ball rolling for my next internship and a career in the future...

My son had been napping for the afternoon but he is now up so I need to go play with him...back in France, back to routine, and back to school! :-)

1 Comments:

  • hey. good to find that you are back.
    i have started classes today. would love to meet you some time after reading your blogs since so long. let me know when it is convenient for you...

    By Blogger Rahul, at 5:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



free tracking