At HEC Paris, mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Here we are, at the dawn of a new beginning for many in my class as we set off to different parts of the world. I wish everyone a very happy New Year and hope everybody will get his or her dream job in 'any' land of opportunity!

As for myself, having flown 13491 miles over the last few weeks covering four metropolitan cities in India (and an official visit to my sponsoring company's site in one of the metros), part of it with my son, I am now back in Paris and getting ready for England where I will be based during my IPP. Looking back in retrospection at the year that has just gone past, I believe I made one of the best decisions of my life by choosing to pursue an MBA, especially at HEC. The course has sharpened my understanding of businesses and the program has been flexible enough for me fine tune it to my needs. In doing so, I have effectively completed my MBA in 10 months; I consider my IPP as a full-time job as, afterall, the plan is for me to join the sponsoring company soon after I complete. Ditto for some of my classmates who have already found jobs. So, I have learned and gained a lot from the MBA, made some good friends and can look forward to a career that will be more rewarding, fulfilling, and challenging. I only wish I had time to get more involved in clubs and societies on campus. It would have also been nice to have the time to get to know all my classmates at a much more personal level. The course has been exciting but it has also been tough at times to balance family and work. And, I did not make it easy on myself by taking on a property development project (the India trip was partly to research investment opportunities in its booming real estate business so I am not done yet!). But then again, would life be as much fun if it weren't as challenging as it is today. Bonne Annee et Bonne Chance! May the New Year bring you all that you wished for! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



free tracking