At HEC Paris, mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

"Oro en Paz, Fierro en Guerra" or "Gold in Peace, Iron in War"

The short trip to San Francisco went much better than I expected. Though flying 10 hours each way only to spend 24 hours in the beautiful city meant I didn't get much sleep or rest, apart from the consolation that Virgin Atlantic's upper class seatbed was reasonably comfortable, I am almost happy with the flying visit. 'Almost' because I don't know the outcome yet even if the interview went well. And then, not all interviews that go well come out with the expected results! The group I interviewed for is a Technology Venture start-up group within a very large corporation so the spirit there is very entrepreneurial with strong teamwork and a lot of opportunities to learn new things and grow in the role. And, SFO is full of biotech and pharma companies that my wife should be able to land a job pretty easily. Ah well, no point dreaming too much until I can be sure.

On the first day, I was able to catch up for dinner with a couple of Haas students who came on an exchange programme to HEC. This turned out to be a good opportunity to learn about SFO, living costs, lifestyle, etc. And, the next day, after my interview and a quick tour of the job site, I was free to roam around SFO until my car picked me up to go to the airport so shown below are some pictures I took. And, please keep your fingers crossed for me - this MBA & PhD fella really needs a job now; Merci! :-)


Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Woah woah, what happened to London or Paris? San Francisco is cool too, for sure :)

    Whoever these guys are, they'll be LUCKY if they can have you! best of luck...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



free tracking