At HEC Paris, mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

“It's weird...you know the end of something great is coming, but you want to hold on, just for one more second...just so it can hurt a little more.”

I left work yesterday...I started the day taking mental pictures of everything...the way to work through the beautiful English countryside, parking my car, signing in, leaving sweets for everyone, turning on my laptop, logging in, the walk after lunch...and a myriad of other "routine" things. I just wanted to remember everything. My friends and colleagues gave me a really nice send off...with "gifts for the man who is trying to get rid of everything". I was fine for most of the day but, right at the end as I was slowly packing up and switching things off, I felt really alone and sad. So, I switched off the lights in my office and sat for a while in the dark absorbing the energy from the room, reflecting back on my time at the company, and taking back my soul before moving on. It was the place that made me grow up...a place that truly has helped define who I am today. But, life goes on, and I need to move on and continue chasing my dream.

I also managed to get tickets for my trip to Thailand so really pleased with that. I leave tomorrow and will be back in two weeks or so having done a million air miles. :-)

The Last Walk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



free tracking