At HEC Paris, mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sign of the times...

It must be a sign of the current state of the economy that the most visited page on my blog is the one where I talked about how 'uncertainty looms over my head but who cares'. I wrote this when the company that sponsored my MBA was starting to cut cost and my IPP in Alaska had to be cancelled for something more modest in the UK. It was, in hindsight, a sign that I wasn't going to graduate from my MBA at the best time for the company to take me onboard!

So, what's next...the best I could say at the moment is that an opportunity has come up to work for a global giant, one that has been listed on some list since its inception {by now, you should know what I mean! :-)} but it would require for us to relocate to a new country...though never intentionally planned, I have never lived in one place for more than three years since I was 15 years old and this new venture seems to fall right in line with my life! So, my wife and I are giving this new opportunity a good thought...for the children, it would be the best time if we do have to go to a new country now and learn a new culture and language. It might also provide us with a very good opportunity to live and invest in a place where we have always wanted to own a house by the sea! Wonderful...these dream castles...

Because of this development, I have been doing a lot of research and found a really interesting website: http://www.etn.nl/lcosteur.htm. The site provides a list of all low-cost airlines in Europe and it is interesting to note that only 55% have not hit the grave! Talk about flying without wings!

This week is also an important week as the batch of 2008 will graduate on Friday. My classmates have arranged for us all to meet in Champ de Mars, around the Eiffel Tower, on graduation eve to celebrate the great time we have had at HEC, to pre-emt the class graduation party on Friday night, to look forward to our futures, and conquer the world! :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



free tracking